[stack] Wikipedia page being deleted
Chris Double
2011-02-13 23:15:04 UTC
Just a heads up that the Joy [1] and Cat [1] wikipedia pages have been
requested to be deleted by Christopher Monsanto [2]. If you have any
notability information now is the time to bring it up:

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Deletion_sorting/Computing#Joy_.28programming_language.29
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_(programming_language)
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Christopher_Monsanto

Chris.
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz
John Nowak
2011-02-14 00:00:59 UTC
Post by Chris Double
Just a heads up that the Joy [1] and Cat [1] wikipedia pages have been
requested to be deleted by Christopher Monsanto [2]. If you have any
notability information now is the time to bring it up
Oh dear. The Factor page has been put on notice as well. I see the Nemerle page has already been nuked.

I can understand the benefit of pulling things like Ioke. I can't understand the benefit of pulling Factor. Unfortunately, you can't write taste into the notability guidelines.

- jn
Chris Double
2011-02-14 00:04:39 UTC
Post by John Nowak
Oh dear. The Factor page has been put on notice as well. I see the Nemerle page has already been nuked.
So has the Alice ML page.
Post by John Nowak
I can understand the benefit of pulling things like Ioke. I can't understand the benefit of pulling Factor. Unfortunately, you can't write taste into the notability guidelines.
Yes, programming languages don't really fit with the strict
interpretation of Wikipedia's notability.

Chris.
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz
William Tanksley, Jr
2011-02-14 00:01:15 UTC
Does anyone know how to "bring something up"? I viewed that
discussion, clicked 'edit', and was taken into editing the Joy entry
itself. I don't want to do that.

-Wm
John Nowak
2011-02-14 00:03:29 UTC
Post by William Tanksley, Jr
Does anyone know how to "bring something up"? I viewed that
discussion, clicked 'edit', and was taken into editing the Joy entry
itself. I don't want to do that.
Click the "this article's entry" link in the deletion box. It will bring you here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Joy_(programming_language)

- jn